Family Health Care is one of the longest-established community health centers in the nation, with nine medical centers providing integrated services to address medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, and vision care. Located between Grand Rapids and Traverse City, this area of West Michigan is a land of forests, lakes, rolling meadows, red barns, and affable people. With abundant wildlife and fish, it has become a haven for those who love water and the outdoors. In addition, West Michigan is one of the prettiest places in the state.
Our Chief Medical Officer is our medical leader, responsible for planning, organizing staff, and coordinating the quality and quantity of care of our 26 medical providers. This role is 60% administrative and 40% clinical, maintaining a primary care practice at one of FHC's clinics.
As a member of our executive team, your responsibilities include:
- Assuring that patient care is of the highest quality.
- Creating an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation among medical providers and medical staff.
- Assisting medical providers in achieving their professional and practice goals.
- Contributing to the strategic decision-making of the organization.
- Creating and overseeing infection control policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Leading activities relating to population health, quality management processes, and Peer Reviews.
- Understanding medical law, including HIPAA, EMTALA, risk management concepts, licensing and regulation in the practice of medicine in Michigan, and controlled substance prescribing.
- Michigan Physician License
- Michigan Board of Pharmacy Controlled Substance License
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate U.S. Dept. of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration
- Board Certification in a primary care field
- At least five years of practicing as a clinician in an outpatient primary care position
- Patient Centered Medical Home experience and management of chronic health care conditions a plus
- Experience with the use of an electronic medical record
- One year of management experience
- Loan Repayment through State and Federal Programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Courtesy
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Malpractice through Federal Tort Claims Act – plus Gap Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Retention Bonus
We are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
Family Health Care is an equal opportunity employer.