Why Family Health Care?
- Progressive, non-profit, outpatient group practice
- Active provider retention and burnout reduction plan of action
- “One-Stop-Shopping” concept for all health care services: medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology and vision
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Led by a board of directors composed of community members and patients
- The first community health center in Michigan
What we provide our Dentists:
- 1.5 Dental Assistants
- Flexible Schedule/Hours
- On-Site Medical Team
- No overhead or buy-in
- Federal Malpractice Coverage
- Excellent Equipment and trial of new products (within reason)
- Much more!
What we expect from our Dentists:
- Manages total patient care to remove or minimize symptoms, or to minimize the progression of chronic and disabling conditions through appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and referrals.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Program and in-service training.
- May participate in community education functions and assist community health groups in a dental advisory capacity.
- Sees any FHC patient, regardless of age, sex, race, or condition, and keeps neat and accurate records of patient care.
- Judiciously uses x-ray and prescription functions.
- Reports any real or perceived errors in judgment immediately to Dental Director. May be assigned to supervise the mid-level providers and dental hygienists.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary and assigned by the supervisor.
- Considerable knowledge of dentistry and dental practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of drugs and medicines.
- Thorough knowledge of sterile technique and infection control.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions.
- State of Michigan Dentist License
- State of Michigan Controlled Substance License
- Federal DEA License
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry.
Benefits: Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k), PTO
About the Community
One of the great things about Mecosta County and the greater Big Rapids area is that it's centrally located to everything. Mecosta County offers a variety of well-known chain restaurants, franchise hotels and big box stores; while still embracing friendly and personable downtowns where you are treated like a friend. Downtown Big Rapids is a great place to live, work, and a fun destination to explore. You can take a short drive from nearly any direction to escape and explore all of the great outdoor recreational opportunities that bring guests and visitors from afar. Take that drive just a little further out, and you find yourself within the large cities and nightlife knowing that you are again, just a short driving distance back home.
Family Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.