About the Community
Grant, Michigan has established itself as the southern gateway to Newaygo County’s River Country. Grant’s Muskegon River access, through nearby Bridgeton, reflects the area’s enhancement of recreational opportunities for visitors and community members alike. Dubbed a “Farm to Table” district, Grant revels in its superb multigenerational farms, the beauty in its many fruit orchards and farm-to-table restaurants, including Old Iron Bar & Grill, The Depot Restaurant and Ridge Cider, the first hard cider mill in Newaygo County.
White Cloud, Michigan, the county seat of Newaygo County, is a small family town surrounded by beautiful lakes, rivers, and countryside. It can be found just to the west of thriving Big Rapids, Michigan (home of Ferris State University) and to the east of Lake Michigan. It's often referred to as "Where the North Begins." White Cloud is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream with access to the North Country Trail, snowmobile trails, great fishing, camping and more.
Why Family Health Care?
- Progressive, non-profit, outpatient group practic
- Active provider retention and burnout reduction plan of action
- “One-Stop-Shopping” concept for all health care services: medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology and vision under one roof
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Led by a board of directors composed of community members and patients
First community health center in Michigan
What We Provide:
- 4 or 5 Day Work Week
- Call Rotation (PHONE ONLY) 1:11
- No Hospital Rotations
- Eligible for $25,000 in TAX FREE loan repayment per year on federal loans for up to 8 years.
- Federal Malpractice Coverage (No Cost to you)
- Experienced Mid-levels within your team
- 1.5 Medical Assistants
- RN Case Manager
- Behavioral Health Therapist
- Clinical Pharmacist to assist with Medication review, interactions, and education
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage total patient care to remove or minimize symptoms, or to minimize progression of chronic and disabling conditions through appropriate diagnosis, treatment and referrals.
- Participate in Quality Improvement Program and in-service training.
- May participate in community education functions and assist community health groups in a medical advisory capacity.
- See any FHC patient, regardless of sex, race, or condition and keep neat and accurate records of patient care.
- Judiciously use x-ray and prescription functions.
- May be assigned to supervise mid-level providers.
- Considerable knowledge of medical practices, procedures, drugs and medicines.
- Thorough knowledge of sterile technique and infection control.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions.
- Provide clinical supervision for the organizations three school-based health clinics.
Graduation from an accredited school of Medicine
State of Michigan Medical License
State of Michigan Controlled Substance License
Federal DEA License
Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k), PTO
Family Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.